Attorney and Counselor at Law
Licensed to practice law in state and federal courts of Florida since 1997. Practice areas include: Commercial and Real Property Transactions, Corporate Law, Complex Commercial Litigation, and Intellectual Property. Uniquely experienced in both complex litigation and transactions and having represented diverse clientele, from closely held corporations, middle market companies and high net worth individuals, we have negotiated and closed commercial, residential and cross-border transactions, mediated disputes, arbitrated, litigated and settled simple to complex cases with one focus; to provide efficient legal solutions for our clients.
Founder: M. Fuentes & Co., Coral Gables, FL | October 2003 – Present
Represents diverse clients within the above fields of law concerning domestic, foreign and cross-border business and property transactions as well as litigation.
Senior Litigation Associate: Cuevas & Rubin, P.A., Coral Gables, FL |July 2001 – October 2003
Management of litigation strategies for representative clients. Supervision of litigation associates and staff. Co-chair of real property division and complex corporate and real property litigation and transactions.
Education and training
- University Miami School of Law: Juris Doctor
- Associate Editor, U.M. International Law Review
- Moot Court Board and Alternate Dispute Resolution Board
- Florida International University: B.A. International Relations / B.A. English
- BAR ADMISSION, PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & LANGUAGES
- Florida State Bar: 1997
Federal court admissions:
- U.S. Southern District Court
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- Florida Bar Association
- Business Law Section; Corporations Securities & Financial Services standing committee; Legislative drafting sub-committee for Florida Statutes Chapters 607 and 608
- Language fluency: English, Spanish & moderate Italian